Saturday, August 14, 2004

Day One: I'm tired already.

If you are watching the TV One Olympic coverage, can you explain to me why the hell Geoff Bryan(t) is keeping his right hand below the desk? Seriously It looks as dodgy as hell. Did Mrs Bryan(t) not go to Athens with him??? Or is Bill Ralston under there?

And didn't his name used to be Bryant?

So far, I've watched swimming, rowing, and women's air rifle. Am waiting for the basketball, to see the 'Tall' Ferns get dicked by the USA. It's not that I'm not supportive, but I've watched the WNBA a bit this year, and I went to a couple of WNBL games here as well. And seriously, we got nothing! But the Tall Blacks can do anything. And of course, will. Slight bias towards men's sport in this household! Netball notwithstanding...

GB is still doing it. Eew. Maybe he lost a hand in a freak blender accident. Or am I reaching?

There is sport on practically every channel (and the other channel is Star Wars - which I have seen about 80 times). Two years ago I would have been furious. Now, I love it. I'm even staying up until 1am to watch the All Blacks. Now, I might have done that a couple of years ago, but it would have involved significantly more alcohol, and probably going somewhere public in my pyjamas.

Righto, Pizza and Chicken wings are here. That and some coke should see me through 'til 2.30am, surely?

If I was an olympic athlete (yeah, OK, shut up...no, really, stop laughing), I'd hate to be in an event on the first day. Then you'd have nothing to do for two weeks. Oh, right...