We spent the day today learning about media ownership and how, like, 4 people own most of the world's media.
OK. Maybe slightly more than 4 people, but significantly less than you would imagine. It's a little bit scary and if I was more inclined to believe conspiracy theories, I think I'd be frothing at the mouth. (Check out here if you want to see how much a company like Time Warner owns. ) When you consider how much power one company has over what we see, read, hear, watch and therefore believe, it's all quite frightening. Power really is concentrated in the hands of a few. Oh well, as long as one day I get to be one of those few, I suppose that's OK. Heh.
In other mindless ramblings, I found this...and this... and for c-dog and c-unit this....and for my classmates this... (hope you didn't think that last one was going to be interesting at all! But still, heh!)
I think I just put links in. I hope that works, if it does, that's damn cool!
OK, that's enough random stuff and time wasting from me... I am the procrastinator...
I really should be doing some work, researching the Dallas Mavericks. No really, it's work...
I need to find another way to end a sentence than dot dot dot.
um...
Wednesday, August 11, 2004
Wednesday afternoon
Posted by
wegan
at
5:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)

|