Friday, July 21, 2006

OK, last one, I think. Hi Claire (no, a different one)


What do you do on a Sunday morning?
Tell everyone I'm sleeping in, but secretly watch the Home and Away Omnibus in bed. And drink tea. Aaahh.
What's the last cd you bought?
"Cold Roses" by Ryan Adams and the Cardinals.
What's the biggest fashion mistake of our era?
Clothing-fashion: the tapered leg pant with pleats round the waist. Hair-fashion: the bubble of the early 90s - in case you've blocked it out, it involved a hair tie, many clips and copious quantities of hairspray. I was my intermediate school champ.
Can you recommend a new-age miracle worker?
My friend's nana - she is a psychic. I've never been to see her but she comes with good credentials.
What's your most over-used phrase?
"Brilliant!" And also swearing using initials instead of the actual words, such as OMF'nG, BS, BFD, POS etc.
What were you like in high school?
Subversive. Sarcastic. Naughty but never got into trouble for it. Considered "alternative" by my friends because I listened to Nirvana and the Red Hot Chilli Peppers. I know!
What are your vices?
Home and Away. Country music. Gin and tonic.
Most annoying celebrity?
K-Fed. TomKat. I don't think I need to explain why. Jamie Oliver - when will people see through that Mockney B.S.? Oh, and Keira Knightly because she only has two expressions: scrunchy and necky.
Abolish the royal family?
No! As long as they exist there's always the chance I could marry into it.
Finish this sentence. New Zealand needs more...
... complete sentences.
If you could be somebody else, who would you be?
Probably my Mum, because she's cool and funny and stylish.
What's the best thing about being single?
Sleeping diagonally in bed.
What's the best thing about being in love?
Having someone who thinks your drunken phone calls asking for a lift home are endearing.
What's your favourite novel?
Vernon God Little by DBC Pierre. Only coz I met him and thought he was cool.
What's your lotto fantasy?
Shouting all my buddies a trip somewhere exotic - such as New York - for a massive party, just because they're choice.
What song do you know all the words to?
The Final Countdown, by Europe.
Share with us one of the lamest moments of your life.
Um, 30 seconds ago when I realised I knew all the words to The Final Countdown. Sheesh.
What song will they play at your funeral?
Hmm, while the Final Countdown would actually be quite appropriate, I'd hope my hot and distraught husband-to-be would come up with something a little more tasteful and not a little bit weepy, like "Into My Arms" by Nick Cave.
Can you share a recipe?
I call this "Nice One, Stew-y"
Brown some beef with some roughly chopped bacon and an onion, add a tin of chopped tomatoes, a cup of red wine, a tsp of curry powder and a handful of prunes (controversial I know, but delicious) and let simmer for an hour or until beef is tender. Serve on mashed potato. Yumbo.