Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Look at all the readers - they all want to be famous.

Hi there jeremy:

What do you do on a Sunday morning?
Lie in bed and think about breakfast, on an ideal Sunday I then hit the road and find that breakfast.
What's the last cd you bought?
Cant remember it was that long ago – if you asked me what the last CD I burned was….that would be a different story.
What's the biggest fashion mistake of our era?
Button down collars on men's shirts and those chicks who wore skirts over pants.
Can you recommend a new-age miracle worker?
A what?
What's your most over-used phrase?
Sweet as
What were you like in high school?
Fat, lazy and sullen.
What are your vices?
Chocolate and ice-cream and self indulgent thinking.
Most annoying celebrity?
Charlotte Dawson (loathe as I am to grace her with the label "celebrity"…), can you make the questions "most annoying media whore" (answer would be the same).
Abolish the royal family?
As a republican, in theory, yes. But the practical implications of then having to choose a President and the cost that establishing and maintaining that office would incur make me wonder if it is a realistic option. I like what Ben Elton had to say on the subject – "Do you wants someone in the job who has to be there… or someone who wants to be there",
Finish this sentence. New Zealand needs more...
Civics education – do know how few people really have any idea of what government is and how it works?
If you could be somebody else, who would you be?
That’s a REALLY good questions – I have thought long and hard about it and not come up with an answer, I'm tempted to say "a woman" just to find out what that’s all about…or maybe my own Father so I could experience Wellington (a city I love) in the 1940s and 50s like he did…who knows!
What's the best thing about being single?
Being totally 110% your own person, answerable and accountable to no one.
What's the best thing about being in love?
Having someone to share your life with.
What's your favourite novel?
This varies from week to week, favourite recent reads and not so recent reads that come to mind are; Saturday by Ian McEwan, Stonedogs by Craig Marriner, Pattern Recognition by William Gibson, The Corrections by William Frantzen, Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole, Lake Wobegon Days by Garrison Keillor and that one I read by Iain Banks that I cant remember – I read more non-fiction though…
What's your lotto fantasy?
Winning it!
What song do you know all the words to?
Jerusalem (The C of E hymn, not the Mockers song of the same name).
What song will they play at your funeral?
It’s The End of The World As We Know It (and I feel fine) by REM and I want to Live Foreever by the Highwaymen.
Can you share a recipe?

(eds note: apparently not)