Friday, March 17, 2006

So, um, I'm gonna talk about sport....sort of


Yay Moss.

You have to love a curly headed blond boy with glasses winning gold at any kind of sport. and I love how mean swimmers look, and yet...

I give you Moss in the pool:

And then, Moss on the dais:
See the difference?
Anyway, very cool.
And I totally cried when the played the National Anthem. I know I am the child of many a rugby test, but the lyrics that come to my mind are the Maori ones, not the english one, unlike most of the NZ supporters there, by the sound of it. Odd.
And can we talk about the Haka, please? I love a good haka, and I have changed my mind about Kapa O Pango. But we don't need to do it at the drop of a hat, do we? Although I suppose winning a medal isn't the drop of a hat. I don't know...I am wary of the Haka being overused. Because, no offence Tony Rampton, but seeing a 7ft tall skinny white man do a haka, does look vaguely ridiculous.
And finally, wow:

"Co-captain Lauren Jackson displayed the benefits of her increased training load as she continues her rehabilitation from a stress fracture of her left leg, hitting 14 of her first 15 shots to finish with 41 points in a typically dominant performance."

For the record, India scored 46.