We need something interesting to happen around here. Guest contributors, care to help out? I haven't heard from any of you for a while.
I would write about something fabulous, and witty and interesting, except well, I'm not feeling very fabulous. Or witty. Or interesting.
It's not the age thing, I am over that today. Nadi rightly pointed out that with age comes experience. And well, I've had some of that.
So, I guess I'm just having a blue day. I do tend to get like this on night shifts, I think it is a side effect of sleeping too much and not seeing daylight, and all that.
Actually, Holly Golightly would say, it is probably more the mean reds:
Holly: "Listen...you know those days when you get the mean reds?"
Paul: "The mean reds? You mean like the blues?"
Holly: "No... the blues are because you're getting fat or because it's been raining too long. You're just sad, that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling?"
Paul: "Sure."
Holly: When I get it the only thing that does any good is to jump into a cab and go to Tiffany's. Calms me down right away.
Holly: "If I could find a real life place to make me feel like Tiffany's, then I'd buy some furniture and give the cat a name."
So I need to find myself a place like Tiffany's to make it go away? And then I could get a cat, and not want to wear diamonds, 'cos it is tacky before I'm forty.
I must say that all sounds rather fun.
Anyone want to come live in a movie with me?
Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)

|