So, the most humiliating moment of my life? Because here, where anyone can read it, is exactly where I should write it.
I was walking to catch the bus (back in the days when I took the bus) along Colombo st. It was four o'clock, so there were school kids everywhere. I stopped and bought milk to take home. As I was coming out of the StarMart, somehow, and to this day, I don't know how, I think I may have fainted, I lost my footing. Fell flat on my face. Dropped the milk, it spilled everywhere. Two girls in a school uniform helped me up. (I think that's the worst part, that someone helped me up). I was so embarrassed I muttered thank you, and practically ran into the bus exchange. My handbag was covered in milk, as were my shoes, and the bag with the pretty hairclip in from Kado. I swore I would never tell anyone, a promise I broke as soon as I got home and could see the funny side. I still don't know how I fell, and I still giggle when I carry milk.
So, the good news is, I now have a Wellington story to add to my repetoire of funny 'Megan Falls Down' stories.
I was walking down Wakefield St, and was fiddling with my MP3 player. You would think by now I would know to watch where I am walking, huh? So, there's a step. I did not see said step. Fell, onto hands and knees, MP3 player went clattering off down the hill, shoe came off. SHOE. CAME. OFF. I jumped up, because, well, there's a bar right there, and I was ready for the impending blush. A lady and a man rushed over to ask if I was OK. Which, of course I was, because would you admit to not being OK? Assured them I was fine, and thanked them for caring - at least this time I remembered my manners (Must have been the book Caza bought me for my birthday). I went into Nest, and even though I love nest, it didn't really help. Anyway, long story short, I have a cut on my hand. Actually, it kind of looks like my hand has been bitten by a vampire. My arm hurts, and so does my side - which I think comes from trying to stop myself from falling my hand. Oh, and my foot hurts.
All in all, a good afternoon's work.
Also, in the book I am reading at the moment, the lead character gets called the 'Princess of Rant'. Can that be my new title? Please.
"Megan Wegan, Her Royal Highness, the Princess of Rant, for Homewrecker News."
Saturday, August 13, 2005
Ow...I hurt...
Posted by
wegan
at
4:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)

|