Thursday, December 16, 2004

stream of concsiousness

heh, spelling mistake in the title, thats so classy.

Reading my other favourite website the other day, I came across a writing exercise I'm gonna try on you guys. Not that I want to be a writer (except for the days that I don't want to be a journo anymore), but I thought it would be interesting. So, the exercise is to write continuously for 15 minutes. Well, lets see just how boring I really am:

Last night Claire and I went to see the grudge. Four words: Evil little japanese people. And I don't mean the characters in the movie, I meant the HORRIBLE people who made it. I may never sleep again. Seriously. However, hilariously, the evil little japanese characters make this weird groaning/clicking sound before they, well, kill you. What was funny was that as we walked out of the theatre, every second person was trying to freak out the person next to them by making the noise.

I love scary movies. I love freaking myself out. I has to go and see the sixth sense, because the preview scared the crap out of me. Well, that, and the fact that Bells would wander round the house in the middle of the night whispering "I see dead people". Speaking of evil little people. And once, after watching Con Air, which is not scary (or in fact, all that good) Steve Buscemi's character scared the crap out of me. So my brother sat on the stairs outside my bedroom in the middle of the night singing "he's got the whole world in his hands". Actually, the people in my life aren't really that nice. The first time I watched 'Seven' was one night when I was at home by myself, and spent the whole rest of the night wandering around thinking there was someone in my house.

I did the same thing with Candyman, which I can't remember anything about, and I tried to watch 'The Birds' late one night, but had to turn it off, because of my deep and irrational fear of, well, birds. I am scared enough of them without adding whatever is in the rest of that movie to it.

Caza and I once watched Urban Legends together, and managed to completely freak ourselves out. Most of the movie isn't that scary, but the first 5 minutes plays on one of my worst fears, someone being in the back of your car. So, we watched it, and then we went to university in our pyjamas to watch New Zealand play England in the Rugby world cup. So that must have been 1999? There was an annoying English girl there, who every time Johnny Wilkinson (I think it ws him, was he playing then?) came on the screen, she'd go - "oh look, its Johnny, isn;t he beautiful...". Which I'm sure is exactly what it's like when I'm watching basketball, but I'm not nearly as annoying. I swear. Well, OK I probably am. Anyway, we left university, and it was about 4am, and we both had to get in our cars and drive home, and all I could think of was a crazy man screaming "THERE'S SOMEBODY IN THE BACK SEAT!!!"

Incidentally, I watched the first 5 minutes again on Sunday night, but it didn't scare me quite as much this time. Possibly because I was still on a post-Angels in America high. I hope you watched that, it was truly amazing.

Hey look at that, 15 minutes. It's true, I really am that boring.