For God's sake people, when you are doing your Christmas shopping this year, please be nice to the staff.
I know you are busy and harrassed, and worried that you've spent too much money and that Chris won't like the tie, and Mum won't like her earrings, and you have to go back to work, and ALL YOU WANT IS A COFFEE.
But, take how you feel, and then imagine feeling all that, and on top of it, having to deal with wankers like YOU. And then multiply by sore feet.
Seriously. Christmas is meant to be a happy, fun time. And for the most part, I love my job. I work with cool people, and most of our customers are great. And I have the added bonus of knowing I'm not there forever. Plus, there's you know, the shopping. And it's better than working at a supermarket. Or a mall. Or any kind of fast food place.
But people go crazy at Christmas. So, when you are out doing your shopping, spare a thought for the staff. If they are incompetent, by all means, be mean. But if they are doing their job and they are reasonably sane, please be nice. Because they have already served ten customers with the same problem as you, and to be perfectly honest, you aren't all that special (except that, of course, YOU are).
Strategy for Christmas: Get in, get out and try and minimise casualties. Or in the words of Donald Rumsfield:
"You go to war with the army you have, not the army you might want or wish to have."
Yeah, they are called credit cards Donald.
Saturday, December 11, 2004
A Christmas Plea
Posted by
wegan
at
6:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)

|