I love Christmas. It is, as a rule, my favourite part of the year, although now that I have initiated the tradition of Birthday week, that pretty much takes the cake (no pun intended! Plus, see, Im not that old, cos I still like birthdays).
But, God, I am so over Christmas. I have done most of my shopping, I just have to wait til pay day to by the last 2. I have bought wrap, I have bought sellotape, I have bought Ribbon. I have not yet wrapped, because I am saving that for a treat next week.
But. (Cos there's always a but.) I am working the next 8 days. 3 of those are 12 & 1/2 hour days, and all of them are more than 8 hours. I'm not complaining, but it's not really a fun prospect to look forward to. Plus, you know it's retail, so not that much fun. Because customers really get in the way of the fun you have with your workmates.
Plus, I'm still sick. It's like the cold from hell over here. I can't get rid of it, and now the blocked/runny nose has come back, and I'm coughing like a cancer patient, and I feel like crap. This time, I am complaining! I feel like a truck has hit me, and I STILL HAVE TO GO TO WORK! Because, you know, it's Christmas, and we are really busy. And I can't really afford not to.
It's not like I don't have things to be happy about. I am after all alive. I won $100 of grocery vouchers. I found the most beautiful shoes and have put them on lay-by for Bev and Tim's wedding. Unlike Bev and Tim I don't have to pay for a wedding anytime soon (although in some contexts that is depressing too - my horoscope for the year definitly did not come true)! I got a really good mark in the 600 course. Mum and Dad have (conditionally) sold the shop, which means they will get a well earned rest.
But for God's sake, could we get some decent weather?????????????????? Some sun? Some warmth. Cos I honestly think that would make all the difference.
I am sitting here, surrounded by wet washing, because it has been raining all week, so we haven't been able to get washing done. I am wearing a wool jersey and am sitting under a blanket. And it's pissing down. And it's BLOODY DECEMBER (which for you northern hemisphere folks, is the first month of summer). If we could get the weather Gods to come to the party, I think we would all be a lot happier.
Otherwise, does anyone know the words to a sun dance?
Saturday, December 18, 2004
Christmas = Grumpy Megan
Posted by
wegan
at
9:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)

|