Thursday, December 23, 2004

Bah! Humbug

I woke up this morning to Christmas Carols. Somehow I had turned the radio on, and Newstalk ZB was playing Feliz Navidad. I had 11 hours at work to look forward to, and that was what woke me. Fun!

I'm currently watching E!'s most awesome moments in entertainment (#5: Julia Robert's shopping trip in Pretty Woman - "It gives every woman hope she will find her prince. Even if she's a hooker"). There is a guy commenting on it who is a 'lifestyle guru'. How do I get me that job? I'd also like to be a life coach. Anyone keen to let me run your life? I promise not to embaress you too much. Most days. At least not nearly as often as I embaress myself. I'll let you know what #1 most awesome moment is when we get there (#4= Titanic. The water is freezing and there aren't enough boats. God, I'm humiliated to admit I loved that movie when it came out. I saw it four times. And cried every one. Oh, how we grow...)

There isn't all that much else going on. Debate over Battery Hens? Buy free range eggs. Batteries (?) are cruel and inhumane. Of course, free range eggs are a lot more expensive, so feel free to only have principles on rich weeks. (#3: 'I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse")

The speedway? yeah, I feel bad for them. It seems to me that the speedway has been there for 75 years, and all of these people have moved in since then. I tend to think that if you move to a place, and it's noisy, well suck it up. It's like people who live in the city and complain about noise from bars. Well, if you chose to live in the city, isn't that part of the deal? In fact, aren't the bars part of the attraction? It also strikes me that it's a little bit of snobbery. As someone said to me recently, If they were holding classical music concerts in support of rose gardening that exceeded 85 decibels, would anybody be complaining? Maybe they would, I don't know. (#2: I'm your father Luke)

Go Phill!

Lastly, I don't know if this will ever happen, but it's pretty @&*%ing hilarious

(#1: The Beatles land in America. Disapponting.)

You'd think in that it is the over-riding circumstance of much of my life, I'd be able to spell embarrass, wouldn't you?