So I said there were some things I wanted to say about The Corporation. If you haven't seen it this may not make sense....
So first of all the commodities broker? Dude...people are dying and you are thinking about the price of gold? Well, OK, I can't really fault you on that, because I heard today that a fairly high-profile member of the community died today, and I thought, 'Shit that's good News' (News as in newspaper, not as in its good that he died!). So I am just as heartless. Well, I'm not, and I'm fairly sure I wouldn't have thought that on September 11 when planes were flying into building BLOCKS from where I was.
But the petrol thing? The commodities brokers wanted Dubya to go to war, cos that would drive up the cost of oil, which is good for their clients. Sure, OK that makes fairly sound economic sense. Except that while your clients might be making a ton of money, and therefore you, the broker also are, it's also costing you 10 times more to live. Because driving up the cost of petrol makes everything more expensive. Unless you are a hippie who burns manure for fuel and wears only hemp clothing, you are going to struggle to do everything without some kind of petroleum product.
Not to mention, broker guy, the thousands of innocent civilians dying in a needless, illegal and unfounded war. But I think I've already covered that.
The other thing I found entertaining was Michael Moore saying that the networks and distributors will still, um, distribute and show his movies and TV show, because they care less about politics than they do about ratings. Heh. Tell that to Disney, Mike.
OK, that'll do. Coming soon, a rant about George W. Bush (surprise, surprise) and how the democrats could have won the election.
Monday, November 15, 2004
The Corporation Continued...
Posted by
wegan
at
9:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)

|