Friday, November 12, 2004

I'm type left....

I've gone from being sad, back to my natural state of simmering anger and disappointment that the world just won't listen to me.

So, I finally saw The Corporation (Take the quiz, that's why I'm 'type left'...although I have no idea what that means). Naturally, this has led to some opinions, which I felt the need to share...

First of all, lets start with a segway. One of my favourite television moments is in the last episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. They have basically blown up the town the show has been set in for the past 7 years, and they realise they have blown up the mall. And one of the characters says: "All those shops gone. The Gap, Starbucks, Toys "R" Us. Who will remember all those landmarks unless we tell the world about them?"

Huh. Turns out that wasn't a segway at all. It was a cleverly crafted introduction.

You see, a doco like this creates something like a quandry for me. I agree that corporations are evil, harmful, undemocratic entities and we shouldn't support them. And the reality is, my voice isnt loud enough nor persuasive enough to stop them on my lonesome, so the only thing I can vote with is the quality of my dollar (or lack thereof). But you see, I have a penchant for BigMacs and Starbucks Rhumba Frappucinos. So how can a 'concerned citizen' balance a social conscience with, you know, needing a junk food fix occasionally (Or more than occasionally, seeing as Daza and I are too slack to shop or cook).

There was a couple of moments that I found pretty damn entertaining.

But actually, I'm too tired to write about them right now.

More tomorrow, I promise. In the meantime, entertain yourself with these...

Air Hockey

Something I'm really bad at

I don't thing i've ever been this bored

One for Tim

Be good.