Blogging makes the West Wing...I love it!
And I especially love that it was one of my 'readers', who read that I love the west wing, and emailed me about it. How cool is that!
Anyhoo, sorry about the lack of updates, it was a very busy week. There was 10 games of netball, a trip to the theatre (Check out The Country -starring my lovely friends Claire and Cory - but you've only got 4 days!), hanging out with netball people to watch the test on Saturday night, and a very busy week at school, what with learning how to make TV news and internet news sites all in one week.
So, unfortunately, I haven't had time to think about writing a proper rant, and I wrote a little half one today that you've already read, so I've decided to make you get to know me a little better. Actually, no, I'm going to post the other rant first, and then make you get to know me better.
Here goes....
Welcome to my Rant. My news team seems to think I’m qualified to talk about stuff. How little they know!
But, as it turns out, I do have the makings of a rant. There’s this you see.
The Civil Union Bill isn’t about ‘Gay Marriage’. I mean, it’s partly about that, but it’s also about giving people the same rights and responsibilities as everybody else. It’s about making sure that people can say – ‘this is the person I want to be in charge of my body when I die’. Or ‘this is the person I want to have all my money when I die’. Or, in my case, this is the person I want to pay all my debt when I die.
Now, the maxim institute says not all New Zealanders support the Bill. Well, my answer to that is. So what? Who Cares? We live in a parliamentary democracy. We give our votes to people and they make laws for us. That’s how it works. And luckily, unlike America, our votes actually count. They mean something, because of our system of proportional representation – we actually get the government we ask for.
And here’s the thing. I support the Civil Union Bill. But there’s a bunch I don’t like. And part of living in a democracy is that I have to accept the ones I don’t like. Like the Seabed and Foreshore bill. Or the Appropriation (2003/04 Supplementary Estimates) Act 2004. Actually, I have no idea what that last one is, but it sounded suitably dull.
Sure, you can have religious or spiritual or ethical reasons to not support civil unions. Go ahead, you are allowed. But no one is actually asking you to get civil-unionised (Interesting question – what are we going to call that? Can’t call it marriage.) What we (and I say we, because I support civil unions, not because I am likely to be getting one any time soon – worse luck) want is the legal right to be treated the same as everybody else. You get it, why doesn’t my gay aunty Gertrude?
But you don't get away that easily. Yes, I'm that self involved...
1. First Name: Megan
2. Were you named after anyone?: No, but meg comes from Margaret, so i like to say I was named after my Nana and Auntie
3. Do you wish on stars?: No, but I talk to them, and I have a favourite one, so I guess I kind of do..
4. When did you last cry?: Last week when my Grandmother died.
5. Do you like your handwriting?: Yes, it is often commented on.
6. What is your favorite lunch meat?: Ham and chicken, totally
7. What is your birth date? 6/02/78
8. What is your most embarrassing CD? Smurfs go pop? The Spice Girls? the Backstreet Boys. I have many.
9. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you? I hope so.
10. Are you a daredevil?: Yeah, i like to think so. There's not much I wouldn't do.
11. Have you ever told a secret you swore not to tell? Probably. But I haven;t been sued yet, so it can't have been that important.
12. Do looks matter?: Depends.
13.. How do you release anger? Kicking things.
13. Where is your second home?: Totally netball.
15. Do you trust others easily?: No. Sorry, but no,
16. What was your favorite toy as a child? Elizabeth Margaret Jane - The doll with the worst hair ever.
17. What class in high school do you think was totallyuseless?: Maths. Do I ever use calculus now? No.
18. Do you have a journal?: Yes. You're reading it.
19. Do you use sarcasm a lot?: Do you really need to ask that?
22. What are your nicknames?: moggs, megs, wheels, annabel, vanessa and my new favourite, Elmo
23. Would you bungee jump?: Yes, and I have.
24. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?: No. Ruined shoes = more shoes I can buy.
27. What's your favorite ice cream flavor?: Jelly Tip. And Goody Goody Gum Drops.
28. Shoe Size?: 8
29. Red/Pink?: Either or.
30. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? That I'm lazy and that right now I have a cold.
31. Who do you miss most?: Dan and Will.
33. What color pants are you wearing? Dark blue jeans.
34. What are you listening to right now?: Everybody loves Raymond on the TV.
35. Last thing you ate?: Salt and Vinegar chips.
36. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Orange.
37. What is the weather like right now?: Sunny and Hot.
38. Last person you talked to on the phone? Tim Barnett.
40. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Yeah, I suppose so. Heh. Yes I do Caza.
42.Favourite Drink?: Any kind of wine. Go the Minchunbury!
43. Favorite Sport?: Basketball.
45. Eye Color?: blue.
46. Do you wear contacts?: No, I like my glasses.
48. Favorite Food?: Anything salty.
50. Favorite Day Of The Year?: Christmas Day.
51. Scary Movies Or Happy Endings? Scary movies.
52. Summer Or Winter?: Winter.
53. Hugs Or Kisses? : Kisses.
55. What Is Your Favorite Dessert?: Chocolate chippie log.
59. Books Are You Reading?: Some wierd thing involving the mafia and Oryx and Crake.
63. Favorite Smells?: rain on concrete and l'eau de issey.
64. Rolling Stones or Beatles?: proabably the beatles..
65. Do you believe in Evolution or Creation?: Evolution
66. What's the furthest you've been from home?: Germany.
One last thing. Check this out. Talk about Bring Back the Biff!

|