Preparations for Birthday Week are proceeding apace.
I am quite excited. Last year's Birthday Week wasn't that great, mainly cos I had to work for most of it, including my actual birthday.
This year, I'm working my birthday, but I'm going to make this to take to work (or something similar). And I have put my bid in to go to the garden party at Government House, so that would be fun.
So, this year, Birthday week will extend from Monday the 5th of February to Sunday the 11th.
Monday: Work. But before work, buy myself a birthday present.
Tuesday: Work. And then some kind of malaysian food and a byo restaurant (any suggestions?)
Wednesday: Day off, maybe a movie and some kind of facial/haircut/beauty treatment (I really do need my brows shaped). If anyone would like to join me for lunch/dinner/copious drinking, let me know.
Thursday: another day off, and I may do a day trip somwhere I haven't been. Maybe I'll take the ferry to eastbourne. That night, March of the Penguins in the Botanic Gardens, if someone would like to join me for a picnic.
Friday: Yay! Off to Waikanae to stay here. Night by myself, bottle of good wine and a book and the beach.
Saturday: Everyone comes to join me in Waikanae. For frolics on the beach, margaritas, a barbecue and general merriment. I don't care what the weather is doing, we will be on the beach. If anyone has one, I need some kind of cricket set. But I'll probably just buy one from the Warehouse. Kiwi cricket, anyone?
Sunday: Back from Waiakane, and some kind of normalcy. Probably a movie that night. Just to round off the week.
So, that's birthday week. I am mainly excited about going away. And obviously all the excellent presents.
Now, on another, unrelated topic, Clare bought red shoes. She says she feels a bit like minnie mouse. Just to prove to her she couldn't possibly be as minnie mouseish as me, I give you my new favourite shoes:
Sunday, January 21, 2007
Yay, me.
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)

|