Birthday week.
So, it is my birthday on Monday. I am old. There is an eight in my age. I've loved being 27. It's been a pretty good year. And 27 was the age I always wanted to be. 23, 27, and 33, sounded to me, as an eighteen year old, or something like that, to be a good ag. When maybe life would be sorted, and you could be all grown up and stuff. And as I say, it was a pretty good year. So, turning 28 freaks me out.
My flatmate thinks it is wierd to have birthday week. I think it's a coping mechanism. But as I pointed out to him, there are precedents. So, next week looks like this:
Monday: My actual birthday. Brunch and work. and hopefully presents. But don't feel obligated or anything.
Tuesday: Day off. Things I never do in Wellington. Te papa, wandering the waterfront - maybe even a bay or two, coffee somewhere cool. Go to a movie. If there is anything I want to see. When will all the damn Oscar movies come out?
Wednesday: Work. But also facial, and massage and gym.
Thursday: Work. And buyng myself a present. Of some kind. Something pretty. Maybe from Nest. Or clothing. The options are endless. But cheap.
Friday: TBA . Oh, and Work
Saturday: Drinks after work.
Sunday. The official end of birthday week. Maybe a movie to console myself. After work.
The rules of birthday week: Be nice to me. An accompany me on outings. And don't make me feel bad that I'm breaking my saving and getting fit new years resolutions. And enjoy the wonder that is birthday week!
Also, another fashion post coming - on the SAG awards. This time I will wait to watch the awards, but as far as I can tell so far, what the hell is Reese Witherspoon wearing?
Tuesday, January 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)

|