Hello all, seeing as the lovely Wegan has been quite slack of late (and posting her death date doesn't count - that's just depressing. Although the fact she's going to die of alcoholism is rather apt. And as for being snarky to Aussie sports fans, well we can all get behind that.) I thought I'd pop something up for your reading pleasure.
I've been thinking about this blog thing. I was considering getting one of my own, but I really can't be bothered with all the hassle, and I can use and abuse this one to get my temporary, publishing fix out.
But I guess what I've been thinking is that 'I wonder if people think they know MeganJane from reading the blog?'.
Do you? Cos those of us who actually know her think the blog is a rather two-dimensional picture of her. I mean, you know that she likes Jane Austen and brooding men, and lip gloss and shoes, and I don't think any one gets why she thinks photos of tall men holding balloons are funny. You know from reading here that she likes pink, and she finds mobile phones annoying and she has a crush on a random bbc journalist. And you know the names of some of her friends and that some of her friends own Mariah Carey CDs.
But you don't really know her. You don't see what those of use who do really know her see. Like her frustration when people JUST WON'T LISTEN, when what she really means is that they just won't listen to her, and do what she tells them. You don't see her sulking when people annoy her, which they do on an almost constant basis because she has really high standards of her friends. Did you know that she's quite smart, and she really likes telling people that? And that she hates people who hurt animals, and she can't stand women who pretend to like sport so boys will like them, or even worse, who act like they are dumb so boys will like them.
But you also don't see that she would rather die than hurt her friends (and she'd do anything for most of them), she'll cry at the drop of a hat, and she thinks we don't know that she doesn't tell us stuff. And that she's such a yes person she'll do stuff she doesn't want to do, because she can't be bothered having a fight. Unless she's in a bad mood, where she'll pick a fight over little things to make a point. And she will argue stuff she doesn't really believe in, just for the practice.
But then, I guess, how well do you really know anyone? I mean, we all ahve stuff we don't tell people, don't we? We all keep stuff to ourselves, for whatever reason - that we are embarrassed, or afraid, or just not ready to share a feeling. Don't we? Isn't it more fun to have some stuff that is your own. Except for maybe your closest friends, we all hide stuff don't we?
If you are in a relationship, it's probably a good thing to hide some stuff. If I (or meganjane for that matter) spewed forth with everything we thought minute by minute. Well, no one would really like us, would they?
Well, I can tell you a couple of things about the blog's author. Except odds, are, since she has to actually post this, she'd cut them all out before it went anywhere, so maybe I won't. She's a bloody funny drunkard, and she can drink like few people I know. And she very really thinks before she speaks, when she's drunk, which is pretty damn amusing.
I bet she edited all my grammatical errors, though. Grammar nazi.
[Ed.'s note: Yes I did, and bloody hard work it was too.]
Wednesday, November 30, 2005
A note from the guest contributor (#2)
Posted by
wegan
at
11:15 PM
Labels: Guest Contributor
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)

|