Sunday, September 25, 2005

A memo to Marcus Lush

Has anyone seen that Radio Live ad, with Marcus Lush in which he goes on about Auckland traffic and how the 'rest of New Zealand' must be cheered by Auckland's appalling traffic? Hey, Marcus, on behalf of the 'rest of New Zealand': We Don't Care.

No really. I don't wander around all day thinking, thank god I don't live in Auckland, or I'd still be stuck in traffic, and when I'm walking home, it doesn't put a spring in my step to think about Aucklanders who take two hours to get home. It really doesn't. I might make sympathetic mewing noises when one of my friends in Auckland complians, but I really don't devote a lot of my time or head space to thinking about traffic. Or specifically, Auckland traffic. Tosser.

Anyway, on to other stuff.

To get to Bells' house, one has to walk up steps.

Specifically, these steps:




Which are fairly horrible.

But when you get to the top, it's pretty much worth it. Well, the view, and, you know, seeing Bells:

So, also, I promised you election night photos. Here you go:

Election Night Hors D'ouevres!

My view of the election.

Working hard.

Nat is enjoying herself - that's chocolate in her teeth - she's not a wierd hillbilly.

I love how all the photos are grainy, and kind of hazy - which, by the end of the evening, was pretty much what everything actually looked like to me.

Have a good week.