Someone asked me recently if I'm planning to settle down any time soon...um, no...was the answer.
I don't know if I'm wierd, but I don't really want to 'settle'. Settling has negative connotations to me, it's what happens when stuff doesn't move. It's when mould starts to grow. Or, it's when something isn't quite good enough, but you 'settle' for it for lack of a better option.
I don't want my life to be boring. I want to be interesting and exciting. I want to be stressed, because stress means at least life is interesting and fun and exciting.
I don't want to be tired like I am right now. I don't want to be concerned about money like I am right now. I don't want to be worried about my friends the way that I am at the moment. But I think the pay off for wanting life to be exciting and interesting is that I have to put up with a few of the stresses that come my way. Part of my life that I love at the moment is that I'm constantly busy and excited and interested in the things that I am doing. And yes, that also means that I'm exhausted and that I don't always have time to do my washing or tidy my room, or eat 3 square meals a day, but at least I'll have good stories to tell my grandchildren.
I think the person asking me about 'settling' was perhaps referring to having a partner, getting married and having babies. And yes, those things are in my five year plan. Well, my ten year plan, at least. Well, it's on the horizon. But it's not something i'm actively seeking right about now. Cos I have this fundamental belief that you have to look after yourself first. And that all that other stuff will come along when it comes along. And if it doesn't, well, I'll give utterly fabulous cocktail parties, where I will wow people with my incredible intellect and charm and interesting experiences. Which, i hope to have any day now. Intellect and charm that is....
And at those fabulous parties, i'll serve this, because it may well be my favourite drink ever:
Kamikaze
This is a classic shooter that everyone falls back on. You can also increase the sour mix and make it into a cocktail served over the rocks.
INGREDIENTS:
1 oz. Vodka
3/4 oz. Triple Sec
Dash of Lime juice
Splash of Sour mix
PREPARATION:Shake over ice. Strain into a chilled cocktail, pony or shot glass.
Tuesday, April 26, 2005
Settling, or stagnating?
Posted by
wegan
at
7:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)

|