OK - so when preparing this rant as guest contributor to the wonder that is Megan's blog I spent quite a lot of time thinking about the big issues facing the world that I could rant on, and intelligent issues for us to debate - when I couldn't think of any I opted for the rant below, which I like to call:
Cellphones: Should We Need A Licence to Drive Them?
So virtually everyone we know now has a phone, and a fair share of them these days even have two, but what is the story about cellphone etiquette? Specifically I would like to offer some advice on text etiquette based on my experience so here goes:
Bad times to text people
- you want to tell your former boss to f$%k off (only happened once but I assure you it was not a good idea)
- you really need to tell you friend who lives in another city that you love them, and its 2am and you have been drinking
- you want to seduce that new bloke you fancy and its 2am and you have been drinking
- its 2am, you have been drinking and just realised that your friends are all about to go home so you text other drunken arses to meet them to continue drinking - trust me, its better to just go home!
Good reasons to text people
- you are stuck in the bush and have broken your leg (never happened to me but I imagine it would be a good time for technology to be your friend)
- you just saw someone famous walking down the street and need to alert your friend who you have a fame spotting competition with that you saw them
- to keep track of your friends busy lives in order to organise the next quiet drinks which may result in some of the bad texting behaviour outlined above!
Righto - well that is all from me at this stage - have a happy week all
Signed your mystery contributor....
[Ed.: For the record honey, you can always text me at 2am to tell me you love me.]
Friday, March 04, 2005
Please Welcome the Guest Contributor
Posted by
wegan
at
9:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)

|