Saturday, January 01, 2005

Some random stuff for the day

First of all, I want to try and express what I, and I guess most people feel about the Tsunami. Except that I can't. I can't fathom the sheer number of people hurt through this disaster. Not just those who died, but those that will die from disease, hunger, and the ensuing problems that will come out of it. I had an email today from friend who works for an aid organisation and they are begging for qualified people to help dispose of bodies, organise food dispersal, provide medical assistance, all that kind of thing. It's times like this I wish I was qualifies to do something that can actually directly help people instead of periphially helping people. And lets face it, right now I help no one. So, if you are willing and able (and I stress able - because if you are not, you will be more of a problem than a help), email me, and I will put you in touch with the good people who do help people.

If not, check these guys out. They also help people:
Unicef
Red Cross
Oxfam

In other news, it has been a weekend of movie watching. Tonight I watched the The Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind. I feel like this is what all movies should be like. It's a little wierd, cos you know, Charlie Kaufman is a fruit loop (this is the man that brought you adaptation and Being John Malkovich). But it is an amazing love story, with brilliant acting (surprising, because I've hated Jim Carrey ever since I saw The Mask on the way back from Germany, and I've never forgiven him for making the 13 hour plane ride from LA feel like 2 days) and a beautiful, beautiful shots and pacing and sets. The relationship feels so real, and the acting is good enough that you buy into these two completely dysfunctional people and the bevy of wierdos surrounding them. Seriously, I don't gush about movies often, so if you haven't seen it, do.

And now, our feature presentation (continuing the movie theme with that one) - my 2005 resolutions.

Or Not.

I don't really make resolutions. i don't really believe in them. I figure if you want to change something, do it then rather than waiting for the one day of the year you are likely to be too hungover to remember you were going to eat less crap and smoke less. Two years ago I made 2 resolutions: Learn how to walk in stilletos and learn how to drink straight spirits. I am proud to say I achieved both of those. So this year? To have a (real) job by the end of the year, to wear in my new (beautiful) shoes (just giving myself something I can achieve) and to swear less. And learn to speak more slowly. That last one's gonna take more than a year though. Oh and to get a good mark in the 610. I will try to get what I got in the 600, but that might be somewhat difficult, so I want to beat what I got in the 500.

Tomorrow, I'm going to present my 2004 awards. Everyone else gets to, so I'm going to as well.


So thats 2005, I guess.