Thursday, December 30, 2004

yawn

today, I am reeeally reeeally bored. Although, I did buy the most beautiful shoes ever. They are for Bev and Tim's wedding, and are divine. I can't really explain them, because every time I do, they sound worse and worse and worse, so I will attempt to take a photo and learn how to post it. that will be a project for my weekend.

New Years Eve is tomorrow. I have a couple of places to go, but I am very tempted to get a bottle of wine, and sit at home with a video. I really am that sad. Most of the places I have to go, I will only know 2 or 3 people, and so will spend the whole night 'getting to know' people. Which, no offence people I don't know, but I can't really be bothered. Otherwise, I could go and hang out at the pub, but, meh. That's pretty much how I feel about the whole night. Meh.

I have had some great New Years'. And they are usually great when I don't put too much effort in. So perhaps I will decide tomorrow. Thats always ends well!

Actually maybe I will spend tomorrow night writing 2004: The Recap.

Or, I could do that now instead of when I am really drunk.

so: 2004: THE RECAP

January: Was working at the insurance company. The year started very drunk as I hosted a bbq with a bunch of people. Made the decision in a fit of pique to go to broadcasting school (the several bottles of bubbly may have helped with that too). Visit Racey Scott and Little Grace - much wine and chatting. Thats all I can remember, really.
February: The inagural (and only) staff BBQ goes well. Birthday week goes well, and culminates in visit to Wellington to see my girls and attend anti-valentine party. have fun. Do not meet love of my life as promised. Dinner with drama people at South of the Border.
March: Broadcasting School starts. Am completly freaked out on first day. Arrun asks if this is my first year out of high school. Realise then I love him. Miss Oscars because of first day of school. Am very annoyed. Working part-time at insurance company. By end of month realise how much I love school. Have found my niche. Am however concerned about how much work have to do. So quit job (woo hoo!) Stay at Marae for weekend. Is very cool. Bill and So go to Oz. Give Pols tutorial to classmates. Am concerned they think I know stuff. Go to NZBS conference. laugh as Bevvy and Roché get drunk. And Roché eats a cup of cream.
April: Get 20/20 in a currents events test. On sport. Have a holiday. Paint my room. Slow month really. Which is lucky, cos:
May: Broadcast. Don't know how many stories I wrote, but the first was on the Canterbury Rams. Four weeks of being a real journo. SO MUCH FUN! And yet so very very tiring!
June: Broadcasts on Plains, Cultural week, and a whole bunch of tests and putting together of portfolios.
July: Holiday. See the Tall Blacks play Australia and win. Have my phoito taken with Phill. Spawns many fantasies of our wedding photos. 600 starts. Start to hate the course (i don't really need a 2 hour lecture about referencing or how to use a library) but it gets better. Win first debate. Neg: "It's time for Paul Holmes to go." Start work at Ballantynes.
August: Start Blog! The rest is history! Ticking along assignments, debates, tests, chat. The olympics are on. Love it! Spend all night watching sport. The infamous treaty workshop happens and the blog becomes controversial. Civil Unions, race relations, homosexuality, abortion, nothing is sacred.
September: School, and The Ball. I'm hot.
October: School, and work. I'm boring. And stressed. My grandmother is very sick. I'm trying to finish my lit review the night before it's due and we have a power cut for 4 hours.
November:My Grandmother dies. School is fun! We make a news website and a documentary. George Bush (who is not hotter than John Kerry) wins the presidency.
December: School finishes, and I get horribly drunk (sorry guys). Start full time at work. Xmas is cool, and New Years remains to be seen.

Constants:
Flatting with Daza
Played at least 200 games of indoor netball (based on 4 a week, so it's probably heaps more)
Bought 7 pairs of shopes (not many at all)
Ate around 30 servings of sushi.
Did not have a haircut, but dyed it 4 times.
Made 28 necklaces. (Hardly any.)
Sent around 5000 text messages
Wrote 17981 characters (not including this post) on the blog. Thats almost as long as my thesis. And much more entertaining.

Happy new year you guys. Have a fab new years eve, and be safe. Keep reading in 2005, when I promise to be more interesting and to bring back the controversy a bit.

Be good
Megan
x