OK. There's one or two things I want to talk about today.
So, in no particular order:
If I don't reply to all your comments, I'm really sorry. Please don't be offended or think that I don't have an argument for you - i really, really do. But there's only little old me, and I have school full time, a part time job, play at least 3 games of netball each week (last week it was 8), have homework to do, and you know, have a social life (not so much of that these days) and then have some time to, well, sit on my arse and watch Sex and The City (SJP has apalling regrowth) and eat my pathetic tuna on toast. Today there was school, and presentations to do, and then helping people with debates, and then netball, and then visiting friends and then netball again, and then home to write this and watch TV, and in a minute I'll go to bed. So, please don't expect too much from me! But you know, I'll try to respond as much as I can. And if you are desperate, email me.
Second, don't mistake what I'm doing here, noble readers. I'm not running for office, I'm not starting a political party (yet), I'm not standing in a pulpit. I'm not trying to convince you of anything. This site is not the gospel truth (no pun intended). If you actually believe what I say, well, don't. Most of my friends know not to take anything I say seriously, whether I'm taking the piss out of them (sorry, Nadi) or talking about how much I loved the movie Georgia. If I can offer you a different perspective, then great. If I can spark informed debate, then even better. I think debate is really important, and I don't think there's enough in New Zealand and if I can help in my own small way, then cool. This wasn't what I was expecting when I started the blog, but I'll go with it for now.
Quote for the Day: Laurs (it's not a typo, it's what I'm calling you now - it's a being on my netball team thing!): "Something is vibrating. It might be my phone." Speaking as the person sitting next to you at the time, I bloody hope it was your phone!
And, go Phill Jones. Yay!
Ok. Now for the controversial stuff. I want to talk about this:
Ok. I don't know all the details here, and I don't know the whole situation. But schools, and more importantly school counsellors, can not have a responsiblity to tell parents what is going on with their kids. I know I'm not a parent, and so I don't know the parent's side of this argument, but I was a kid once. And when you go to a counsellor, you have to be able to have complete trust in them. And if a child knows that what he/she tells the counsellor may be repeated to their parents, then what's the point? If the child doesn't feel that they can tell the parents, well there is an issue there in itself. The counsellor should be advocating telling the parents, and offering to mediate a situation, but the wishes of the child not to tell have to come first. I admit I don't know the whole situation here, but it seems to me maybe the family is misplacing their anger, and directing it at the school instead of at the person who did this horrible thing.
In other news, Pens and Gaz brought me presents. Mmm, chocolate...Yay, I love chocolate...Thanks guys!
Now for some funny stuff:
Some people have too much time.
Aah, my childhood...
If you have too much time
Mine's Thursday, June 2, 2067. When's yours?
Are you as hip as me?
How many have you done? I've done about 9. Tomorrows post may be the 50 things I want to do. Or, It might not.
Lastly, a challenge to the other broadcasting geeks? Where's the updates???? I've all these links, and none of you are posting anything. Yes Tim, I'm looking at you.
That's all for tonight, be good. Try the veal.
PS. Georgia? Worst. Movie. Ever.
Tuesday, August 31, 2004
Get some popcorn, make a cup of tea, it's gonna be a long one.
Posted by
wegan
at
9:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)

|