Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Blogs, bryan(t) and other stuff

Someone (Chris) has made a suggestion. Is it conceivable that GB has Parkinsons? Because while the hand has come out, it is now being clutched by the other hand. And if he has Parkinsons, I'm going to feel like a total tool.

I was thinking about blogs today, and how supremely concieted it is. What I am supposing is that you, dear reader, who I am assuming are probably my friends, and the occasional Aunt or cousin, actually care about what I think about basketball, and my obsession with GB's hands, or my admittedly flawed visions of relationships. Am I that self involved? Well, frankly, yes. Every time I see something now, I think, 'I should write about that on my blog'. Not because I think you care, but because I do. And this is now my forum to express myself. No offence, but I don't care if you're reading or not. i like that you are, and I try to write somewhat entertainingly (I know, that's not a word) and to make it interesting, but ultimately, like most things, it's all about me. And I guess I like to think people care about what I think. Although, I wouldn't blame you in the least if you don't.

So, on that note, here it is - all about me. (I found an old email with these questions - from you caza - and thought it was time to share)

Firstly, my smurf name is Stoner smurf - no, I don't know why either.
My pirate name is Red Morgan Vane.
My PornStar name is Bambi St. James
My Fairy name is Columbine Elfshimmer
My Ghetto name is Gangmaster Cwac Cwac (I have absolutely no idea.)

Here goes...

Living arrangement: I flat with my brother who owns his house. I know, shut up.

Favorite TV show: um, The West Wing, which isn't on at the moment, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, although I watched a re-run the other day, and I think I've finally grown out of it, Sex and the City, Eating Media Lunch, I think there's more, but I can't think of any. I despise reality TV.

Most active thing you do? Well, I've played 5 games of netball this week. Although, the way I play doesn't necessarily count as active.

Favorite smells: garlic, frying bacon, rain, fresh tomatoes, freshly mown grass, baby powder, really, really expensive vodka.

Worst feeling in the world: Realising something or someone you believed in really strongly was misguided. Especially when it's a someone.

Favorite soundtrack: Moulin Rouge, and probably oceans eleven, but I own a bunch.

What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning? AAAaaahhh...Loud alarm. And then, you have got to be kidding me. And then, what is the latest I can possibly get up without actually missing school?

Best way to spend a rainy day? Curled up on a couch with a good book. And someone bringing you cups of hot sweet tea. Or in a cafe next to a beach.

Do you get motion sickness? Yes. One of the many reasons I hate buses.

Roller coasters - scary or exciting? Exciting, although I've only ever been on one, and it was crappy.

Pen or pencil? I'm quite partial to a pencil, actually. Although shorthand has probably beaten that out of me.

How many rings before you answer? Four.

Favorite food: Roast chicken, smoked salmon, anything with garlic.

Do you get along with your parents? Most days.

Chocolate or vanilla? Of course, chocolate. As I type, I am eating maltesers. mmm, maltesers.

Favorite ice-cream flavor: Jelly Tip, closely followed by orange chip.

Croutons or bacon bits? Croutons. Bacon bits scare me.

Do you like to drive? Yes, except when I have to do it lots.

Do you sleep with stuffed animals? No, cos I'm a grown up. Bert is always close by though. And when my cat Harry died, I did for a while.

Storms - cool or scary? Very, very cool.

What type was your first car? Red Toyota Corolla. Clarence. May he RIP.

If you could meet one person, dead or alive, who would it be? One of my grandfathers, or Audrey Hepburn.

Favorite alcoholic drink: Good wine, vodka, margaritas on a girls night, horny monkeys (for the nostalgia) and I've developed a taste for martinis.

What is your zodiac sign? Aquarius. A relatively true one, apparently.

Who's your favorite poet? Auden, or Emily Dickinson

Do you eat the stems of broccoli? Do other people not?

If you could have any job you wanted, what would it be? Basketball commentator, Kim Hill's job, book shop owner, restauranteur, mogul. Mainly because I like the word mogul.

If you could dye your hair, what color would it be? Could? I don't even know what ny natural colour is. But, at the moment, I like Kate Bekinsale's colour.

What are you afraid of? Being strangled. Birds. Dying alone - as in physically in a room by myself.

Have you ever been in love? Yes. Am I going to talk about it here? No.

What is on the walls in your room? Paint. I keep meaning to do some art and hang it, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. In my old room, are a couple of posters I love, and in the lounge are the Scott Mutters.

Is the glass half full or half empty? Depends on the day of the week. Empty, mostly.

Are you a lefty, a righty, or ambidextrous? Righty

Do you type with your fingers on the right keys? Mostyl. heh. that was an actual typo.

If you could be any gardening tool, what would it be? I'm quite partial to secateurs. Again, just cos it's a cool word.

What's under your bed? You don't want to know.

What's your favorite number? 15

What is your dream automobile? Jaguar XK Convertible.

So there you go: all about me. Did you care?