Monday, May 14, 2007

knitting, gloves and all things wool.

So, it is almost winter again.

And as is my wont, at this time of the year, I start knitting. Which usually means I have finished a jersey for a 3 year old by the time it starts warming up again.

Last year, i knitted a jersey for my cousin Katie, which took ages, but did look very cool.

This year I am starting with legwarmers - the progress of which is going much quicker. It took me about three nights to finish one, so i expect them to be finished pretty soon. And before you ask if I think it is 1982 again, no. Gilly is doing ballet, and hence needs legwarmers. What? That does so make sense.

I'll post pictures when they are finished.

After that, it is a yellow scarf for Carla - who wants one cos she saw one in Karen Walker. So I am essentially Karen Walker, don't you know? Then more legwarmers, cos Mulls wants some too, and then a cardigan for a 2 and a half year old. And then something for Kate - for when she's one - probably. If she ever arrives!

And then, for myself, a scarf to match my beautiful gloves.

Oh yes. My gloves.

Last week, Natalie and I visited Country Road on out lunch hour (always a mistake). I found a pair of gloves I loved! LOVED! I've never felt like this about gloves. However, they were a ridiculous price, and I couldn't justify buying them.

Except I so did. After boring everyone and making them help me justify buying them.

And I LOVE them. Best purchase this year. They are grey and black and elbow length and wool and divine.

You see? All things wool. I really am that big a geek.

Oh, and Charles, I'm thinking Friday after work would be best for a drink. Around 6.30?