Thursday, April 26, 2007

My week part the second

After going to the river, it was only logical to go to the beach. So we went to Motueka, home of lots of hippies, apparently.

Megan and Grace waded in a salt water pool.

Megan said "holy #*%^, this water is cold". And yet, once again, look how pretty. And unlike Vancouver, where I could be, sunny:

The we went to a whole other beach, where the water was even colder, and the little people seemed desperate to get in - well they kept running at it, anyway.

The next day, we went into Nelson, where megan switched her cellphone on, and got some very baad news. Apparently this guy, who I had such fun with:

...died. Megan was very sad, because Plonker has been around for at least 16 years - which is old in cat years, but not beaver years.
Then, Megan took the kids to a big playground shop, while Tracey went to the doctor, and then they ate good food and went to a very funny movie, which everybody except Mr Hunt should see*.
The next day, they went to Picton, where Megan caught the big boat.
She was quite enamoured of the scenery.
And was ignoring me, so I jumped into the photo.

I had a lovely time, and want to thank Tracey and Scott and Grace and Luke and Kate.
I'll be coming back.
* Mr Hunt, there's a whole bit with the destruction of a model village, which we didn't think you'd cope with very well - although it does give rise to one of the best lines in the movie:
"You wanna be a big cop in a small town? Fuck off to the model village."
Very very funny movie.