Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Caution: Overly emotional post ahead.

How come in the movies, whenever people have some kind of crisis, they lean on something and gaze into a mirror? Are there secret answers in there? Does staring at your own face help you to answer questions? Cos all it does for me is make me look at all the blemishes. And marvel at my frizzy, frizzy hair.

I'm having a crisis of confidence. Since there are people who may read this who are involved, I'm not going to go into details, but basically, someone is making me feel bad about myself.

This hasn't ever happened to me. I've always been of the belief that if people don't like me, well, screw them. I have enough of a job liking myself most days, worrying about other people is too much effort. I have enough people who care about me and value me, that that's enough.

But this situation isn't about me. Or rather, it seems to be just about me as a person, when it absolutely should not be.

But it is really affecting me. And I'm not used to that. So now I don't know what to do. My first response is to extricate myself from the situation. Because you know, same old commitment-phobe-Wegan, still. Having said that...I don't want to do that. My next response is to say, feck it, and fight. I basically have two options. Take it lying down, or stand up for myself. The path of least resistance (always attractive in this corner of the world),is to take it lying down. But then I wonder, if as I sit here writing this now, I want to cry, if it carries on and is the same in a month, what am i going to want to do then? But if I stand up for myself, there is the possibility it gets worse. And escalates to a level that I'm not necessarily comfortable with.

OK. I'm back - the building just had a fire alarm, and I needed to blow my nose. Cos the feeling like crying? Is actual crying.

Which is what really annoys me. I cry at everything - movies, ads, goodbyes, kittens. I don't cry about shit like this.

Anyway, standing downstairs, watching the hot fireman, I decided to stop writing this. Because talking about it and brooding over it isn't going to fix it. Doing something will. I guess that's option B.

OK. Those of you who know what's going on, hi - and thanks. Those of you that don't, um...can you just pretend I posted another picture of Shane Bond? Because that's actually less humiliating.