Sunday, February 04, 2007

Birthday week: The prelude

So birthday week officially began today, but the weekend was an excellent preview.


First of all, on Friday night, and thanks to Kate, we took in some of the sevens. Not being a huge fan of either sevens, or large crowds of extremely intoxicated people, I've never been all that keen, but it was pretty cool, and I'm glad we went.


After doing a q & a on the radio (in which i sounded REALLY happy to be there), I headed to Gilly and Thom's who charmingly agreed to host me for the weekend, so Darren and Mark could have the house to themselves.
Gilly and Thom have bought a car. Which is very shiny and new. So, of course we went for a long drive. To staglands, where a horse tried to eat my handbag, we saw real live baby chicks, piglets and a very large kunikuni pig:



(there's too easy a joke to make about that last one)

Then we did the fish and chips/dvd thing. Then we ate bluebery pancakes and watched the omnibus, and then I came home to watch a fairly average game of cricket. But still, all in all, a good weekend

Roll on Birthday week!