Thursday, November 16, 2006

Megan 101

In lieu of anything to write about, here is 101 things you may or may not know about me.

(Who said blogs were just an excercise in vanity?)

1. I love stripey socks and have about 20 pairs.
2. potato chips are a huge weakness.
3. At the moment, I am very in to polka dots.
4. My hair falls out in handfuls.
5. I pick my fingernails.
6. Yes, I know that is disgusting.
7. i (sun)burn in about 15 minutes.
8. I hate leaving messages on answerphones.
9. I don't like texting anymore either.
10. It is my mum's birthday today.
11. Sometimes, I am the least empathetic person in the world.
12. And sometimes, I pretend to be meaner than i really am.
13. I htink boys are stupid, for the most part.
14. I still like them.
15. I laugh at inappropriate times and absurd things.
16. The older I get, the less i believe in the things I used to believe in.
17. I love Christmas.
18. I read about 3 books a week, depending on what shift I am working.
19. I heart shopping.
20. I want a shiny laptop and a fast internet connection. Mainly so I can watch episodes of my favourite television shows on the internet.
21. I wish we had the daily show here.
22. Also? I love the late show.
23. I want to win an Oscar.
24. I have finally admitted to myself it is unlikely I ever will.
25. It is ridiculously easy to make me cry.
26. I wish I was more talented, in some interesting way.
27. Sometimes I miss school.
28. And then I remember how much I love my job and having money (see: 19)
29. Someone I know invited 300 people to his 21st.
30. I don't think I know 300 people.
31. And I certainly won't be inviting that many people to my 30th.
32. My favourite joke is the one about ducks.
33. By the way? My 30th? Is going to be cool.
34. Most of the time I think it is hilarious (if somewhat worrying) that people take the things I say seriously.
35. I wish I had kept in better touch with people from school.
36. I wear a blue topaz ring that I never take off, because it was the first beautiful, expensive, meaningful thing I ever bought myself.
37. I can be a fairweather friend.
38. I have bizarre dreams.
39. I used to be high-maintainence cosmetics girl, and now I don't use anything except sunscreen (and makeup)
40. And my skin looks great.
42. In everything I make (ooo, crafty girl) i always make a mistake.
43. Having said that, it's not just about the navaho belief, but also 'cos I'm too lazy to be a perfectionist.
44. I love my not-pod.
45. Especially now that I have the dirty dancing soundtrack on it.
46. and Elton's greatest hits.
47. And I don't care if it makes me really old, I am PSYCHED to be going to the Elton John concert.
48. Having said that, using the work psyched definitly makes me sound old.
49. I have cricket boyfriends and basketball boyfriends, but oddly no rugby ones.
50. By the way, fake boyfriends obviously.
51. Or pseudo boyfriends, we prefer to call them.
52. Sometimes, when I am walking home, I make up a whole new life for myself.
53. And then forget it when I am home.
54. Sometimes, I forget I am talking to my friends, and accidentally interview them.
55. My bank balance is depressing.
56. But my shoe collection is AWESOME.
57. These days, I am quick to write off people who don't make an effort.
58. Or who are shy.
59. And I'm pretty good at holding a grudge.
60. Right now, I want to go home to my book, which I am reading for the 4th time.
61. I think I might need stronger glasses.
62. I love the word gubernatorial.
63. I love that people complain about the media, and yet for the most part, trust lawyers.
64. Sometimes, I worry about how much I drink.
65. I didn't always love sport.
66. Well, I did, and then I didn't and then I did again.
67. I wish I could have long nails, toned arms and a tan.
68. My rapper name? Hemplock Homes
69. My real name means? Greek for 'mighty'
70. I get called Wegan, wheels, annabelle, vanessa, honey bunch of stinkweed.
71. I want to call my children Stella (Latin for 'star') Zoe (From the Greek for 'life') and Henry (From the Old German for 'house ruler'.)
72. That's of course if I decide to have any.
73. I wish I could summon the energy to care about global warming.
74. My sunburn is peeling and it is gross.
75. Oh yeah, I got sunburnt...Woo, summer!
76. Wait...woo late spring, I geuss.
77. This list is really just like a conversation with myself, isn't it?
78. Except, my conversations with myself are a lot juicier.
79. Thick pulpy, orange juice and a chocolate paddle pop are the best hangover cures.
80. Or clare, threatening to 'fry me a burger'.
81. I can't believe I got to 81.
82. I love books by margaret atwood and earlier patricia cornwall.
83. i often don't use capitals.
84. Mainly because I can't be bothered with the shift key.
85. Sensing a theme?
86. I have to be up in 7 and a 1/4 hours*.
87. Oh well, I don't need that much sleep.
88. I love big glossy magazines.
89. Especially Vanity Fair.
90. Sometimes, I wish my life was like a tv show.
91. I used to have a car name Clarence.
92. And a cat named Harry.
93. Next year, I am getting another cat.
94. Depending on where I am living.
95. Mainly because I'll be 29 and single, and I think there's a law that single women have to have cats.
96. I'm sure I read that somewhere.
97. I have a mirror in my bedroom that is magic. Well, the mirror isn't magic, just the angle that is has been accidentally placed on. It make you look really tall and thin. I'm scared to move it.
98. My least favourite number is 11.
99. I don't have a favourite number, well, it used to be 13, but that was me being contrary
100. I hate, detest, and am petrified of birds.
101. Did you notice that there was no # 41? That was my Navaho mistake.

*Actually, 6 and 3/4s