I can count on one hand the amount of times I have been so stressed, I let it effect me.
The first time was a couple of years ago when I was doing drama. I was in a play that was opening that night. As usual, I had offered to do too much and on my lunch break, I had to go out and buy ginger ale, of all things. So, I didn't eat all day (cos I don't eat breakfast). My grandfather was really sick, and when I called my mum that morning, she said they didn't think he would last the weekend. He died that night. I didn't think I knew my lines (I did) and I was the lead. So I was a little stressed. I got yelled at on the phone by a horrible person, and I actually broke down and cried. At work. That has never happened to me before or since.
The other time i can remember was last year. It was the end of the term and we had a week to pass teeline. I was really really panicking about it, and got really stressed. I cried in the bathroom at school. I kicked things. I yelled at people. Then I gave them lollies. Because I like to buy people's affections.
Last week was stressful. Computer problems, stories falling over, all kinds of annoying things. I swore a lot, and sent some quite blue text messages to Bells and Caza. What I hope I didn't do was take it out on anyone else. I don't care how stressed out you are, or how bad a day you are having, that doesn't give you an excuse to be rude to other people. Unless of course they have already been rude to you. Or really #$%^ed you off.
Common human decency, people. It really helps a lot.
And if I was rude to you, I'm sorry.
In other news, men often complain that women bitch. By bitch, I guess I mean talk about people behind their backs, and occasionally say things like "What the hell is she wearing?"
As far as I can tell, bitching is reasonably healthy. I like having a chance to vent. To say things you wouldn't normally say to the person that has pissed you off, because doing so would cause irrepairable damage to your relationship. Getting stuff like that off your chest is important guys. It's why women have so fewer heart attacks.
And these things go together. Have the occasional bitch fest, feel less stressed, don;t kill the people you are working with.
Righto, if you'l excuse me, I have to go and polish my halo now.
Thursday, March 17, 2005
Coping with Stress.
Posted by
wegan
at
4:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)

|