Monday, October 25, 2004

we interuppt our normal transmission...

I want to step away from the controversial people dying debate (too glib? possibly.) to talk about some more random stuff.

Have you checked out the flash penguin game? Currently, Scotty is leading on 320 -point-something, followed by me on 319.1 and then Manu on 316-point-something. I am not happy that scotty beat me and will be staying up all night to break his record. If you want to find it I've added some links on the right-hand side.

The bad news is, according to alac I am at risk because of my drinking. But, following the guidelines, every single person I know is a problem drinker. More than 4 drinks in one night? Seriously, that's just a friday night. Four drinks? Fourteen drinks makes a problem. Four drinks every night, and a couple in the morning? Also a problem drinker. But I have been at school now for 8 months and my classmates have seen me drunk exactly once. And I wasn't really that drunk (I have been drunk more than once in that 8 months though, surely?). I admit, I've had some shockers. I threw up on the footpath outside the casino from my parents car (I was 17); there is a couple of times I have no idea how I got home, or how I ended up where I did; and there's definitely been some stupid things said (you're the president? that's really impressive. I'm really...impressed). But I'm really not a problem drinker. I know some problem drinkers. I'm not them. I'd like to be, but I'm not. I don't drink a lot now, because I don't really like the person I am when I'm drunk.

In the spirit of online tests (a favourite past-time of mine) I've done a couple for your edification. Apparently I focus too much on work (bwah ha ha); my vibe is papaya shake (apparently that means: You tend to think the world is a pretty fun place. Even better, you always seem to make people around you feel the same way); my good friends tickle me pink (apparently: You've got an outgoing personality that makes any gathering more entertaining — whether you're inviting new friends to a book club or primping for a night out with the girls) and in the beauty peageant of life, I'm Miss Charasmatic (Winning smile and magnaetic personality) .

Good to know.

I'm messing around with the colours and stuff, so if it looks wierd, sorry about that.