Really, I have nothing to say. It's very un-controversial in here. We are talking about ratings, and how they are gathered and how much information radio stations and advertisers gather about us.
But I can't bring myself to care. I mean I care, but not enough to be controversial.
I've scoured the news to see if I can think of something to write about, but, Russia, Access Brokerage (heh - sorry daza), and the poor fisherman who died near Bluff - just not that controversial.
There's not even anything interesting happening in sport. I mean, yay, we've got the shield, but that seems pretty low key down here. It's almost like we feel bad for taking it off the Bay. There is clearly something odd going on at NZ league, but no one knows what.
Heh this is funny...If you were ever going to stage a coup, Dr Cullen, that was the time!
Even dear old Mr Tamaki doesn't seem to have done anything interesting for me to write about.
Check out this cartoon for a sobering thought!
So, we were talking about lies, the other day, after Fahrenheit 9/11. I give you this quote from John Kerry on Labor Day (it's not a typo, it's how they spell labor!)
"If you want health care for all Americans, if you want schools that work, if you want jobs that pay you more money, if you want Social Security that's there for the future, then we need to move America in a new direction," he said.
Well, there, my friends, is a blatant lie. John Kerry can't promise those things. He can't give new, better jobs, or better schools. He can try. He can tell America that's what he wants to do, but he can't promise it. He's lying. He's saying, I will give you this, and this, and George Bush won't (that second part may, or may not be true). Now, I like John Kerry, and if could vote in America, I would be a confirmed democrat. But the trick with politics is you have to sift through all the rhetoric (that's a very cool word) and figure out who most closely resembles what you believe. If you believe people should help themselves, and that welfare causes dependence, and criminals should be put in jail for longer, and be made to do hard 'labor', and that rich people should play less taxes, and no-one should share any wealth, then get out there and vote republican (or in NZ, National or ACT). If you believe that rich people should pay more tax, that sometimes people need welfare, and that we should do whatever we can to promote equality for everyone, well, I think you know where I'm going with this.
One of the things I am glad about is that NZ doesn't have the same kind of smear campaigns that you see in the US. Check out the 'Kerry Corner' on the RNC's website. In fact, check out the republicans website. That's some pretty scary stuff, people.
In other news. It's good to know that on the radio, you can call someone a 'confused bag of lard', and that's OK, but you can't call a group of unnamed women 'moles'. I agree that the context of the 'mole' comment implied that women who drink invite being sexually assaulted, but what damage did the bag of lard thing do to Tariana's public image? And is that something the BSA can adequately assess?
Hmm. Turns out I had lots to say!
The radio out in the hall is playing backstreet boys...aah, Coyotes and Horny Monkeys, and acacia ave, scary, scary memories. And even scarier, a bunch of people are going to read this, and say "you were drinking in town when Backstreet Boys were big??? I was at primary school". The other day I was talking to someone, and I realised the next Olympics, I will be 30. Now, there's a scary thought.
Coming tomorrow....Why the hell is there nothing on TV I want to watch, and a new poll..

|